When this customer from Vimont saw us at the ‘Salon National de l'Habitation’, he shared with us his concerns about a small cold room that looked a lot like a service cellar he used to store a few bottles of wine. This uninsulated space contained an old sump pump system that was not hermetically sealed. The walls are made of concrete and the joints of wood between the different sections appeared, which means that the air circulated through these places thus worsening the case of humidity. A concrete floor that does not contain a drainage system and vapor barrier is not a dry place and efficient energy. When we showed him the different solutions we offer, he decided to make a free appointment with one of our specialists to recommend the best solutions that solve this problem permanently.
-- To solve the problem of insulation and water infiltration, we installed a complete system of waterproofing and sealing. This system includes the following elements:
- WaterGuard internal drain that is installed on the footing of the foundation and intercepts water from the sole, walls and floor.
- SuperSump sump pump system that evacuates water intercepted away from home.
- UltraSump booster pump that is powered by an automatically rechargeable battery. This pump works during power outages to get rid of all your worries.
- SilverGlo wall insulation panels. SilverGlow is specially designed for cellar spaces. It is made of graphite to provide insulation worth R-11 and also serves as a vapor barrier to retain moisture and moisture because it is not made of organic matter.
- CleanSpace vapor barrier membrane is ultra-resistant and contains an antibacterial additive that removes mold. It blocks the water vapor and redirects it to the sump pump.
Problem: Water infiltration
solution: Waterproofing system
products installed: WaterGuard, UltraSump, SuperSump, SilverGlo, CleanSpace
overseer: Petru Rotaru
City: Vimont, Laval